No one wants to lose their boyfriend/girlfriend, but in many cases, it is for the better. This allows both individuals to cut their ties and hopefully meet someone who is a better match for them. However, there are also some breakups that are mistakes and should be fixed asap. If you are trying to get your boyfriend back, the first thing you need to ask yourself is if you are meant for each other. Is this really what you want in life? Once you know, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that it is really something that you want, you can go full force and make it your mission in life.
Here are 10 things that might help you get going:
1. Think about why the breakup happened and what lead up to it. Even if you think that your ex just decided to end it on a whim, there is a good chance that if you really think about things, you are going to discover the real reason. Did you argue all the time? Did you become so comfortable in the relationship that you let yourself go?
2. You shouldn’t make it too easy for him to get you back. If you play a little hard to get, you are going to be upping your perceived value in his eyes. There is a good chance that he is missing you as much as you are missing him, but he is never going to reveal that. By not giving in to him, he is going to have time to really think about what he misses about you and he is going to realize that he may never have that back again.
3. Think about how you are presenting yourself at the moment. This is not a time to relax and have a “take me as I am” attitude. You are going to have to make an effort to look good and show him what he is missing. You don’t have to overdo it, just make sure you are dressed nicely (even a little provocative) and that you highlight your assets wherever possible.
4. Consider getting a little closer to some of his male friends. There is no doubt that some of his friends have always had a secret crush on you (and you know which ones) and he likely knows as well. You don’t have to date any of them, just hang out as friends. He already knows that this person has the hots for you and he is going to assume that they are moving in on his territory now that he is gone. This can be very powerful, but it can also backfire on you very easily. Don’t string anyone along and pretend that there is going to be more happening than there really is.
5. If you have been together for some time, there is a good chance that you are not talking to him the way you used to. In other words, you are not using that charming conversation style you used to use and you are not treating him with the same respect that you once did. This is how it goes after you have been together for a while, and it is more common than you think. Make an effort to be as nice as possible to him and treat him with respect, but do not come off as desperate. Make sure you remain confident and sure of yourself at the same time.
6. If the time is right, ask him out and let him know how much fun you really are. This is going to remind him of the good times you used to have as a couple and that he is missing that at the moment. It doesn’t have to be anything intimate, just a simple day date is enough to show him what he is missing. In fact, you could meet up just as friends if that is where you are in the relationship at the moment. The main thing is that you have enough time to show him that you really are a hoot to be with – a perfect time to show off your charming, funny, and adventurous side.
7. When you are with him, make sure that you show him the confident side of you. You have to come off as self-assured and able to handle the situation as an adult. You have to show him that you have a life, no matter what happens. This is very important because no one has ever been attracted to someone because they felt sorry for them. Let him see a relaxed you because this is the last thing he is going to expect. If he thinks that you are going to be fine without him, he is going to start thinking that maybe he made a mistake in the first place.
8. While you shouldn’t ignore your boyfriend outright, it is in your best interest not to get too caught up with thinking of him. You shouldn’t think about the “perfect” relationship you had or you are going to find it very hard to get on with anything else in your life. Also, by focusing too much on him, you are likely to start giving off desperation vibes. You are telling him that you are available whenever he decides that he wants to see you. That is not going to create the attraction that you need in order to get him back. Be polite, but don’t be afraid to turn him down at times by saying that you have something to do and that you will have to catch up with him later.
9. Let him know that you know he still cares about you, but that you are unaffected by it. Have a laid back attitude and just let him see that you are getting on with your life. If he senses that you are getting over him, you can bet that he is going to develop a new attitude towards you. Again, human psychology works it’s magic.
10. Make sure that he sees you having fun without him. Don’t be mean and don’t make it look like you are putting on an act for his benefit, just get out there and have fun without thinking of him at all. Try to do this, even if you don’t feel like it. You also don’t have to do it in front of him (actually, it is better if you don’t because it is going to look like you are putting on an act), as you can bet that other people are going to report back. The big secret here is to make it look completely innocent and not like you want him to find out what you are up to.
As you can see, the major theme here is to resist acting desperate, giving him more power over you. Though you may feel like phoning him and professing your undying love, resist this urge at all costs. If you able to do this, you are going to notice that he is going to change the way he treats you. You are going to see that he is the one who is going to start phoning and texting – and that is exactly the position you want to be in.
Still not sure how to go about getting your boyfriend back? What if you could fast-track things and get him back in the least amount of time possible? Sound good? Then you are going to want to listen to this message – you may never look at things the same…